What Career Paths Are Right for the Future?
We are living in a rapidly changing world and the fast pace of technology development means that many business sectors are fading away, to be replaced with a new industry. Those who are looking at career options must be fully aware of this and focus on sectors that have a promising future, and with that in mind, here are a few sectors that will be in great demand for many years to come.
- Machine Learning – AI is going to transform our world and in some sectors, it already is working to make our lives that much easier. There seems to be no limit to the potential of a computer that learns and if computers are your thing, get into AI and you will be at the cutting edge of a new and very powerful technology. Take aninternational course (known as หลักสูตรอินเตอร์ in Thai) that incorporates English into the program and you will have the edge over non-English speaking applicants.
- Robotics – We are only a few years from being able to buy a humanoid robot to do the housework; not only that, he or she will have their own personality and will get you know you better than your partner! All manufacturing is moving into automation, so if you aim for a robotics engineer or designer, you would have a rosy future.
- White Glove Logistics – The new generation of digital touch-screen equipment we are seeing has to be installed and maintained by technical logistics and anyone who moves into tech logistics will enjoy a challenging and rewarding career with great prospects to move up the ladder. Technical medical equipment such as MRO and CAT scanning machines need specialist handling and much of the white glove technician’s time is taken up with learning about new equipment in order to obtain certification.
- Healthcare – Regardless of the pace of technology development, people will always require professional healthcare and the new technology empowers the medical sector. Training to be a doctor, nurse or physio would be the perfect foundation for a long professional career; perfect for those who love helping others. If you are fit and active, why not get the certification to work as a personal trainer? You can study online and in only a couple of years, you would be a certified personal trainer who can work anywhere in the world.
- Digital Marketing – Search engine optimisation is more than a little complex, and SEO technicians are very well paid. Start with a degree in marketing and mix that with computer science and you have the perfect set of skills to learn about the many algorithms Google uses with its search engine.
The above sectors will be thriving for many years and if you apply yourself 100% to your work, the only way to go is up!