A Guide on How to Prepare for the Singapore Math Olympiad
Many students in Singapore aspire to participate in the Singapore Math Olympiad. It is a prestigious event for mathletes, and they want to be able to show their skills!
But, before you can compete at such an elite level, you must go through some preparation first. So, we’ve compiled all of our tips here so that you know exactly what needs to happen before your big day arrives.
- Study for an hour every day after school.
- Make sure you stay hydrated and eat healthy food to keep your brain fit! [This will help with concentration.]
- Read some good books like Harry Potter, the Hunger Games or Percy Jackson (etc.). This is a great way to get in some practice and to expand your vocabulary.
- Make sure to take a break every now and then, as this will prevent you from getting tired or burnt out.
- Get enough sleep so that you can wake up fresh the next day! [You have to be alert throughout the competition.]
In addition, it’s important not to forget those little things that will make the day go well. For instance, wear comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle to keep yourself hydrated.
It’s also great if you can find some friends who are interested in participating too! This way, they’ll be able to support you on your big day out, and it’ll be fun for everybody involved.